Weird file on sd card

Areomayo

So recently my viofo a129 is starting to act strange, all of a sudden during driving my dashcam starts beeping, at first i thought it was the sensor picking up something and saving the video, but once i plug in my Kingston 256gb sd card to my computer i notice a weird file where the folder for all the videos are supposed to be.

I have tried to format it using the dashcam and it seems to work fine for a little while and then it starts beeping again.

I ran the H2testw which seems to be showing my sd card is okay.

I'll try with another sd card, SanDisk Ultra 128gb and see if its causing the same issue. but from what i understand, the viofo a129 should support 256gb even though it only says up to 128gb on the box?

Im running on v1.5 firmware

any one have any idea why its doing this?

Capture Your Action

The A129 does support a 256 GB card. If you use the SanDisk Ultra, make sure it’s the A1 Card (must say A1 on the card).
What are you using to view the files on the computer? Card reader?

Areomayo

The A129 does support a 256 GB card. If you use the SanDisk Ultra, make sure it’s the A1 Card (must say A1 on the card).
What are you using to view the files on the computer? Card reader?
Yes its the A1.

I've tried both with a micro sd card -> usb adapter and i've tried with micro sd adapter -> SD card reader

Its funny as i havent had any problems with the 256gb card for a few months and now suddenly this, maybe that card isnt ment to be written on over and over for extended period of time.

Capture Your Action

Do a search for that USBC**** file. Seems like it may be some kind if corruption. I have heard of this one other time. If you can't figured it out, ask over on the DashCamTalk.com forum. That's where I saw someone awhile back post about it. Don't recall what the reason or solution was though.

How is the SanDisk A1 card working?

Areomayo

Do a search for that USBC**** file. Seems like it may be some kind if corruption. I have heard of this one other time. If you can't figured it out, ask over on the DashCamTalk.com forum. That's where I saw someone awhile back post about it. Don't recall what the reason or solution was though.

How is the SanDisk A1 card working?
Alright, thanks for your reply though man, I havent had anything yet but i think its too soon to tell.

I've also updated to the latest v1.8 firmware. Ill try do some more test on the 256gb card, just to make sure it isnt a faulty card.

Capture Your Action

Another option is to run the SDFormatter program on the card with the issue. This program will bring the card back to factory specs (assuming the card itself is OK). Be sure to do a full overwrite, not the quick format. FYI, it will take awhile.

Capture Your Action

Found the post on DashCamTalk I was thinking of.