VIOFO IOS App update

J.R

After update to the actual Viofo IOS App the App crashes when i want to preview a stored Video File in the Cam (newest IOS with Iphone 6s - latest App from store). To Download the File is OK.
The old App before was fine without crashing in File Preview (App is not closed without further information in preview)- but a little slower in downloading.
Does anybody have same problems?

Bart57266

Yep. Mine is crashing, as well, when trying to play one of the camera's videos while connected to it via WIFI (5G). Like you, I can download them just fine, and I'm using an iPhone 6s.

J.R

Mmmmm... :rolleyes: Due to the facts no change in Firmware and Phone settings in my 6s (only update Viofo App) I think there is an additional bug in the App since the last update. I will try uninstall and new install tomorrow and test it again. If there is no success with it, I think we should wait for the next update....
Again my setting: Iphone 6s 64GB, IOS 12.1.4 Viofo App 11.7.8 connected with 5GHz-Band. A129 Duo with Firmware V1.5
Old Viofo App before 11.7.8 update worked fine until update....

Bart57266

My stats are very similar:
iPhone 6s 128GB, IOS 12.1.1
Viofo App 11.7.8 connected with 5GHz-Band.
A129 Duo with Firmware V1.5

When was the 11.7.8 update?
My app worked fine on 3/13, but not from 3/4 onward.

J.R

I installed the update manually on 03/14. Before this, all was fine-(never change a running system!!! Grrr.) I found only the bug with the live Video source setting before -->Parameter can not stored in cam- can changed in cam and app but not stored after power down. Useless function! Due to power up initialising from rear camera there is always the Picture in Picture overlay. No Chance-It's a Firmware not an App problem.... should be OK in coming FW updates... Ok! No Point here.....
I think there in 11.7.8 is a improved (faster) download on 5GHz now with broken preview.... maybe Problem with the 5GHz improvement...
Today I will do a few tests with it to find out if there is definately no fault from my side or setting... I will try IPhone 7 too.
Thanks !

J.R

There is a new App-Update today in IOS Store: 11.7.9 - I will try it asap. :D

J.R

Good news - 11.7.9 is working witout crashing in Preview with Iphone 6s -Hope the rest of functions remains...... ;)