The camera screen freeze (and not recording) after the engine turned on.

biggolf

Hi guys. I purchased A129 Duo last week and had them installed with HK3 directly to the fuse box of my CR-V (2019).

I noticed that after parking mode (dark screen, all 3 red lights on) when I turned the engine one the screen lit up but with old frozen image. The recording light on the left is blinking without sound and stays that way permanently which means both cameras are not recording as they should (and the front camera is behind my rear view mirror so I could start driving without even noticing that the cameras are not recording). I had to turn it off/on again to make it work. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me what's wrong with my dash cam and what do I have to do to solve this.

FYI
  1. I set the parking mode to event detection.
  2. I noticed that this happens every time in the morning after all night parking but sometimes in the middle of the day when I only park for a few minutes and come back, both cameras turn on and start recording normally. I'm not sure if the amount of down time has anything to do with this since it's only been couple of days. I am going to keep my eyes on the screen every time I start the car now so I have more info.

Capture Your Action

If you have 3 red led lights lit, then you have WiFi on. WiFi should be off unless your actually using it. This could be causing the issue.

Also, make sure you have power plugged into camera directly, not into the mount.

What memory card are you using?

Are you running firmware V1.9.

biggolf

If you have 3 red led lights lit, then you have WiFi on. WiFi should be off unless your actually using it. This could be causing the issue.

Also, make sure you have power plugged into camera directly, not into the mount.

What memory card are you using?

Are you running firmware V1.9.
Hi there. Thank you for the wifi tip. I will turn it off and see what happens the next time I start the engine.

To answer your questions, I use Samsung EVO Plus 128GB. Thats a class 10 SD card, and yes the power is plugged directly (on the side of the front cam, not the mount).

Capture Your Action

Card should be OK, though some have reported trouble with the Plus cards. Just be sure to format the card inside the camera before using. Might want to check the card with the free program h2testw to make sure it's OK and not a fake (there are lots around). Just be sure card is empty before testing. See link below to program download.

Hopefully it's just a WiFi interference issue.

Also, some have reported that the boot delay in the settings needs to be on. Set it to 5 seconds if turning WiFi off doesn't help.

When you updated the camera to V1.9, did you manually default the cameras settings in the menu? Do so if you did not. You should also press the reset button on the side of the camera after defaulting the settings. Many users have reports this helps with certain issues.

biggolf

Card should be OK, though some have reported trouble with the Plus cards. Just be sure to format the card inside the camera before using. Might want to check the card with the free program h2testw to make sure it's OK and not a fake (there are lots around). Just be sure card is empty before testing. See link below to program download.

Hopefully it's just a WiFi interference issue.

Also, some have reported that the boot delay in the settings needs to be on. Set it to 5 seconds if turning WiFi off doesn't help.

When you updated the camera to V1.9, did you manually default the cameras settings in the menu? Do so if you did not. You should also press the reset button on the side of the camera after defaulting the settings. Many users have reports this helps with certain issues.
Hi Capture Your Action. I really do appreciate your help. Really helpful info here.

• The card should be legit. I bought if from the place that sold me the dash cam. They have their super high score to maintain (4.9/5). I will, however, get it tested first thing tomorrow to make sure it works properly. Getting late here in Thailand.
  • Tomorrow when I start the car, I will set the boot delay to 5 seconds if the problem persists.
  • When I bought it, the guy updated the firmware in front of me right after he took it out of the box. but I don't remember if he did default camera settings though. Note that after I got home, I changed the name/password of the network (there are a lot of wifi networks where I live and it pained me to have to scroll down to "V"iofo every time). I will reset everything back to default tomorrow morning. Will press the reset button as well.
One weird thing I forgot to mention:
I can't sync the camera time with my phone. It fails every time. Not sure why and not sure if that has anything to do with the issue.
Hopefully, turning off the wifi would do the trick.

Capture Your Action

Not sure about the sync issue. I know others have had issues with it, but I think that may be a phone/app issue and not really directly related to the A129. If you have GPS, you can just set the time zone offset in the settings and let GPS set the time and date.

I would definitely do the manual settings default in the settings and press the reset button if your unsure if they did it. You’ll have to change your settings back, but it’s worth it if it fixes any issue.

Good luck.

biggolf

I am happy to report that when I started the engine this morning (with only REC/MIC lights on) the screen turned on, the REC light blinked very briefly before going back to solid. Looks like turning off the camera WIFI works like a charm but it's just one test so I followed your advice and reformatted the SD card, reset the camera to default (I skipped the H2testw for now though because that could take really long time).

After that I went out and restarted the car two more times, the camera screen turned on and started recording successfully both times. At this point I am sold that WIFI interference was the one responsible for the issue. I still can't sync my phone with the camera but that's no big deal.

Also, I notice that when the cam is on "event detection" parking mode, the rear cam got triggered 3-4 seconds after the front cam. Is that normal? I don't think it's an issue but just curious if that's how it is for everyone.

Capture Your Action

Also, I notice that when the cam is on "event detection" parking mode, the rear cam got triggered 3-4 seconds after the front cam. Is that normal? I don't think it's an issue but just curious if that's how it is for everyone.
Not sure if that is normal. I have never heard anyone else mention that. Glad things seem to be working now.