Parking mode concern about killing 12V battery

mzzyhmd

Hi,
I just got viofo plus duo professionally installed on my car. But I’m very concerned about the parking mode draining my 12V battery. It was hard wired using HK3 adapter so I know it has a protection system but I’m not sure how well it has worked.

First off there’s no way to completely turn off the Parking mode. Even though it’s set to off from the cameras menu it keeps running while the car is parked and engine is off. I thought turning off parking mode means the camera is off when the car is off. Apparently that’s not the case?

I do not need the parking monitoring feature honestly. Unless someone can convince me it won’t kill my 12v battery. I’m still trying to find a way to disable this feature. And have the camera run only when the car runs. Any suggestions from Viofo users?

Plus the camera keeps recording in loop mode 3 mins. But it’s saving all of the files it’s not replacing them like it’s supposed to no? I don’t know I’m a complete noob. I plugged in the SD card and I see all of the video files since morning are in the card. Is it going to completely use up the card then start overwriting?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

If you don't need the parking mode, we suggest you don't use the HK3 hardwire kits and only use the original car charger.

mzzyhmd

Hello,

If you don't need the parking mode, we suggest you don't use the HK3 hardwire kits and only use the original car charger.
problem is I don’t have a car charger only I have one in my trunk