Parking mode: cannot get rid of motion detection?

maomig

Hi. I have a very simple question and I fear there is not a solution. I've just purchased a VIOFO A129 duo (firmware v. 1.5) for my wife's car and installed with the three cable kit. It works fine, but I am a little confused about the parking mode options.
On the menu, I disabled motion detection, set G-sensor to low sensibility, set parking mode to "auto event detection" and connect the three wire kit to the GPS base. I know that I am supposed to connect it directly to the camera but, with this setup, the camera correctly switch to parking mode (the little "P" and walking man appears on screen when I turn off the car). I thought and hope that by disabling motion detection camera will record events only if the G-sensor is activated but no, as a matter of fact camera records a whole bunch of videos, evidently triggered by motion detection.
So, what is the effect of disabling motion detection if it is always on anyway?

Thanks

benkar

Hi. I have a very simple question and I fear there is not a solution. I've just purchased a VIOFO A129 duo (firmware v. 1.5) for my wife's car and installed with the three cable kit. It works fine, but I am a little confused about the parking mode options.
On the menu, I disabled motion detection, set G-sensor to low sensibility, set parking mode to "auto event detection" and connect the three wire kit to the GPS base. I know that I am supposed to connect it directly to the camera but, with this setup, the camera correctly switch to parking mode (the little "P" and walking man appears on screen when I turn off the car). I thought and hope that by disabling motion detection camera will record events only if the G-sensor is activated but no, as a matter of fact camera records a whole bunch of videos, evidently triggered by motion detection.
So, what is the effect of disabling motion detection if it is always on anyway?

Thanks
There are many threads on this subject. But again - connect the cable directly to the camera, not the GPS module. Make sure WIFI is off. Do not use motion detection (it is very sensitive and triggers the camera even with slight movement, light change, etc.). Set the parking mode to low bitrate. And update your FW to v. 1.8.

Capture Your Action

Motion detection and g-sensor settings for regular recording (while driving) are separate from motion detection and g-sensor settings in parking mode. In firmware V1.5, you cannot adjust these settings for parking mode, but the new V1.8 update now allows you to adjust the motion detection and g-sensor settings for parking mode. You need to update if you want those controls.

maomig

I updated this afternoon but situation hasn't changed much. Apart from the fact that I fail to understand the purpose of G-sensor and motion detection while driving, anyway the new controls of those aspects concerning parking mode do not include an "off" option, so you must have them always on despite being able now to decide their sensitiveness, which is of little help, at least to me.

maomig

There are many threads on this subject. But again - connect the cable directly to the camera, not the GPS module. Make sure WIFI is off. Do not use motion detection (it is very sensitive and triggers the camera even with slight movement, light change, etc.). Set the parking mode to low bitrate. And update your FW to v. 1.8.
Is there a purpose or function to connect the cable directly to the camera instead of GPS mount? Mine is working in both ways in parking mode.....
As said, motion detection is off but this do not affect parking mode in which camera keep recording after any motion detected.

Capture Your Action

Is there a purpose or function to connect the cable directly to the camera instead of GPS mount? Mine is working in both ways in parking mode.....
The newest manufactured A129 DUO GPS models can now be plugged into either port. If you tell me your serial # I can tell you for sure if yours supports this. I assume yours is the latest.

maomig

The newest manufactured A129 DUO GPS models can now be plugged into either port. If you tell me your serial # I can tell you for sure if yours supports this. I assume yours is the latest.
I think so, on the box is reported A129 DUO GPS NEW

Capture Your Action

If your serial number falls between these #'s, then it will support the third wire (trigger wire) via the GPS mount - A129DG19143031-A129DG1914404. These serial #'s are for the DUO with GPS only.