Motion Detection Setup a129 Duo

jalopez08

I bought the a129 duo this past week and updated the software to the newest version on 8/11/19. I hardwired the product to my 2018 Nissan Rogue with the 3 wire kit. When I start up my vehicle, the device comes on perfect. However, when my vehicle is off, motion detection does not seem to be working. I connected the red wire with the hardwire kit to a fuse which should get constant power (the dome/home lights in the vehicle). Motion detection is on, I set motion detection to high, I turned on the time lapse. Everything I seem to do does not work for motion detection when my vehicle is off. There are no instructions that go into detail with the manual to tell me exactly how to set up motion detection.

A big reason why I purchased the a129 duo is because it has motion detection. I have tried to look for numerous YouTube videos that explain how to set it up, but everything I try does not seem to work. I have had people key my car in the past so I want this set up ASAP. If anyone could help me solve this issue, I would appreciate it.

Capture Your Action

I bought the a129 duo this past week and updated the software to the newest version on 8/11/19. I hardwired the product to my 2018 Nissan Rogue with the 3 wire kit. When I start up my vehicle, the device comes on perfect. However, when my vehicle is off, motion detection does not seem to be working. I connected the red wire with the hardwire kit to a fuse which should get constant power (the dome/home lights in the vehicle). Motion detection is on, I set motion detection to high, I turned on the time lapse. Everything I seem to do does not work for motion detection when my vehicle is off. There are no instructions that go into detail with the manual to tell me exactly how to set up motion detection.

A big reason why I purchased the a129 duo is because it has motion detection. I have tried to look for numerous YouTube videos that explain how to set it up, but everything I try does not seem to work. I have had people key my car in the past so I want this set up ASAP. If anyone could help me solve this issue, I would appreciate it.
Did you turn parking mode on?

Are you plugged directly into the camera or mount? Needs to go directly to camera.

jalopez08

Parking mode is on. Is there anything else that must be on also? I plugged in directly to the a129 device and not the mount.

Capture Your Action

Parking mode is on. Is there anything else that must be on also? I plugged in directly to the a129 device and not the mount.
I think you are confusing the different parking modes. If you choose time lapse, then the camera should be recording all the time, just at a lower frame rate, which you choose in the parking mode settings. This mode does not use motion detection. If you want to use motion detection while in parking mode, you should choose Auto Event Detection. This is the only parking mode that uses motion detection (and it's buffered if your running firmware version 1.9). Don't confuse motion detection as part of normal driving mode (which should always be left off, as it's unreliable) and motion detection as part of parking mode. They are two different features and controlled separately in the cameras settings.

jalopez08

Okay I think I understand. I thought that "Auto Event Detection" was if someone crashed into my car while parked. But it sounds like "Auto Event Detection" includes if someone were to walk by also. I will turn that on now and test it. What is buffered? Low video quality? Also, assuming that I got it tow work, how long will the videos record when the a129 detects an event in parking mode? Is there a way to change the length of the video when in parking mode auto event detection?

Capture Your Action

The link below to a thread on DashCamTalk.com might help answer some of your questions.

jalopez08

I figured out that even though I have the red wire in constant battery power, the power tracker on the 3 wire kit turns off after 1 minute when I turn my car off. I can tell the 3 wire kit turns off because the red lights in the power tracker turn off. I am not sure why this is the case when I know it is in constant power. I checked to make sure the fuse gives constant power while the 3 wire kit was plugged in with the red lights off when I put the tester screwdriver in the fuse.

Capture Your Action

Check fuse for power after the hardwire kit light goes out.

If the fuse is still powered, then you probably need a lower voltage cutoff.