Main unit freezes with rear camera

Ubershopper

Hi,

I have completed an install of the front to rear USB connector cable and mounted the cameras on the glass. After the best part of an hour, I managed to get the app (android) to work and connect to the unit. It beeped continuously which was annoying, but found a way to turn that off in the settings though the app.

As long as I don't plug in the rear camera, the unit seems to work properly. I can watch live feed on the phone or on the A 129 screen. However, if I plug in the cable for the rear camera, the unit displays "1080+1080" indicating that it is detecting a rear camera, but the unit freezes and then either stays frozen, or updates the front view with a still image about once ever 6 seconds, and has the record led constantly fast blinking. After this, I was unable to access the menu options on the main unit; the options button long press turns off, and short press does nothing.

I tried:
- unplugging the power and waiting for shutdown, and then booting up with the rear camera plugged in. Same result.
- booting front only, then resetting the settings to default with the app and then plugging in the rear camera. Same result.
- changing the "Live view" options to rear camera in the app menu and reconnecting. Same result (and still shows the front camera although frozen).
- Holding the reset button for a count of 30. This got the menu button working again but the otherwise, no improvement.

I checked the firmware version - its said 129-1.5 so I think this is the most recent as far as I can tell.

I was counting on it working properly, and mounted it to the glass to the right of by rear-view mirror housing, which I see blocks the reset port (sigh...)

I don't think I have another cable with the correct ends to try connecting to see if that fixes it. At this point, I hope it is some setting, or a simple reset. If not, then I hope it is the unit and not the cable. I REALLY don't want to have to pull out the front to back cable and run a new one.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or guidance.

Last edited:

Ubershopper

Fixed!

For future readers, it was rectified after doing two things (not sure which fixed it). 1. Flashing a new copy of the firmware (1.5 stock in my case) and resetting to default settings, and 2. Reseating the front to rear usb cable connections at both ends.

Thanks for the help!