IR reflect rear windows defroster lines, how do I turn off the IR?

Mirage

Hello,
I bought A129 Dou IR from Banggod.com
The rear camera is set to record outside the car, but the IR reflect windows defroster lines in such way you can't see properly.
I tried to change some IR setting from mono, auto and IR color, sometimes for couple of seconds the IR is off and I can see clearly, but the IR turned on again,
I can't figure out why I can't just turn the IR off, what am I supposed to do with camera now?
I need help please.

• Pictures attached
  • Latest firmware 1.2 is installed

Attachments

Capture Your Action

Hello,
I bought A129 Dou IR from Banggod.com
The rear camera is set to record outside the car, but the IR reflect windows defroster lines in such way you can't see properly.
I tried to change some IR setting from mono, auto and IR color, sometimes for couple of seconds the IR is off and I can see clearly, but the IR turned on again,
I can't figure out why I can't just turn the IR off, what am I supposed to do with camera now?
I need help please.

• Pictures attached
  • Latest firmware 1.2 is installed
Why did you buy the IR version?

If you don't want to use the IR lights, install the non IR firmware.

Mirage

Why did you buy the IR version?

If you don't want to use the IR lights, install the non IR firmware.
I wanted to reserve the options in the future to record inside the car and I didn't think the IR will cause this situation
but never mind, as long I can just flash the non IR firmware it would be great, can I really do it officially? there is not risk for dead boot or something?
Thanks for the help!

Capture Your Action

Installing the non IR firmware is fine, you just loose the IR options in the menu (front cameras are the same). Keep in mind that there is no IR cut filter in the rear camera, so some images may/will look a little different than that of the non IR rear camera.

mikemma

If the hardware is the same and it is only an issue within the firmware, then why the DUO IR firmware is not updated with an option to turn off IR lights? I'm also in the situation of Mirage, and based on the product description, the rear camera can face outside of the car also, but it is not mentioned that in this case a firmware for another product (in this case DUO non IR) needs to be flashed on the camera.
@"Capture Your Action" - can you please detail what is this IR cut filter? is a filter which rear camera from DUO has and rear camera from DUO IR doesn't have? (from the hardware point of view). If this is the case, can't we have an additional filter, like the CPL to be mounted on the camera?

Mirage

Update - after flashing the non IR firmware - so far so good!

mikemma

for this A129 duo ir camera, In the product description it is advertised that the rear camera can be mounted either to face inside cabin or outside cabin and nowhere is mentioned that it should ONLY be used facing inside the cabin. The problem is that when it faces outside cabin, all objects are seen in light red.
I've tried setting on both ir color or auto but there is no change.
I've even flashed the A129Duo firmware on the camera (1.9), as Mirage did, but still the same result.
I even tried to apply the CPL filter on the rear camera. Still the same red picture.

From my point of view this is either a bug in the firmware or a hardware design flaw.

@Mirage: using the a129 duo firmware you don't see red objecys anymore?
@Alistair: the IR filter you mention should be applied on the lens of the rear camera or on the 4 IR leds?

Alistair Parsons

Its designed to cover lenses, but simply taping up the IR leds might help as the issue is the reflection off the metal wires
the cpl filter wont block IR, but it might be usefull to hold the IR filter above

I have a similar issue with spiders and spider webs on my cctv, they love the warmth of the IR leds, but their webs reflect the IR so badly you cant make out anything behind.

An option to turn off the leds in a setting would be handy.

quku

thanks very much i will give it a try, but i will probably return the camera and get the one without IR.

quku

try all the sujestions and not luck, there's no way to get rid of the pink cast color.
only way is to buy the one without IR.

quku

already bought the regular one on Amazon, returning the other one soon.
i don't get why with the IR turn off the camera cast that pink color. I own several surveillance cameras with IR lights on it and never encountered a situation where when you deactivated the IR lights would create any problem.

Capture Your Action

already bought the regular one on Amazon, returning the other one soon.
i don't get why with the IR turn off the camera cast that pink color. I own several surveillance cameras with IR lights on it and never encountered a situation where when you deactivated the IR lights would create any problem.
It’s because the is no IR cut filter on the lens.

quku

i do own a dahua surveillance camera that don't have IR lights build in to it, and i do attached and IR lights right next to it. to get better night vision. and the video is cristal clear without any color cast. i don't think that the camera lens is build in to IR filter (on the dahua camera). also some members in here already try to used IR filters without success.