[HELP] Starburst in Video at Night Time Viofo Dash Cam A129 Dual Channel

Zdosse935

Hi, guys

I just purchased a dash cam A129 dual channel from Amazon. I have experienced a quality issue after a week with the dash cam that is starbursts across the lights at night time. Look at the video below for the issue. Has anyone experienced the same issue and has any suggestions? Did I receive a defective dash cam?

By the way, another issue that I have experienced is download videos over wifi through Viofo app. Sometimes, the video would automatically stop downloading by itself even though I have a very strong signal on my iPhone regardless of how many percents already downloaded. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Attachments

Capture Your Action

The light streaking is usually due to a dirty or scratched windshield. Make sure glass is clean, inside and out. Make sure camera lens is clean too.
To test if the issue is with the camera, take some video outside the car (not through the glass) and see if you still see these streaks.

Zdosse935

The light streaking is usually due to a dirty or scratched windshield. Make sure glass is clean, inside and out. Make sure camera lens is clean too.
To test if the issue is with the camera, take some video outside the car (not through the glass) and see if you still see these streaks.

This is the outside recording which I recorded on top of my moonroof after cleaning the dash cam lense. Still see the streaking, probably return it.

Zdosse935

Possibly a defect in the lens. How did you clean the lens?
Are you running firmware V1.5?

My car is at the dealership for service now. Will look at it when it's back. Just order another dash cam on Amazon but sold by BlackboxMyCar. Hopefully, it will work better.