Corrupt Video Files on Samsung EVOPlus 256GB

nohbahdi

Anyone having issues with the A129 and corrupted video files? I recorded about 30GB worth of data during my commute this morning but the moment it went into parking mode while I was at work (based on the time stamp) all of the files during and after that (for the rest of the evening) are all corrupted. This is the second day in the row this has happened. I've tried alternative parking modes (time lapse & low bit rate) but haven't had any luck. It's not hard wired in, I'm using the Snap-N-Go OBDII plug in power source. TLDR: camera records fine in ACC mode but corrupts every file after parking mode has been engaged (including all video after ACC has been turned on again)

nohbahdi

no luck, tried it with continuous power and it still crapped out after 30GB, There's 84GB of files recorded all day and only 30GB are usable. IDK if it's the A129 or the microsd card... I'll try a lower tier 64gb card in the dashcam for now and see if I get the same results tomorrow. I'm running a surface test on the 256GB card now just to verify that it's ok and we'll see what happens

BCHobbyist

Website
viofo-dash-cam-selection-advice.blogspot.com
no luck, tried it with continuous power and it still crapped out after 30GB, There's 84GB of files recorded all day and only 30GB are usable. IDK if it's the A129 or the microsd card... I'll try a lower tier 64gb card in the dashcam for now and see if I get the same results tomorrow. I'm running a surface test on the 256GB card now just to verify that it's ok and we'll see what happens
Most counterfeit 64 - 256 GB memory cards use real 32GB real cards painted over to look same with hacked controller chip. Easiest way to detect fake memory cards is copy any large 3-4 GB file multiple times until past 40GB size.

nohbahdi

You nailed it! It was a fake 32GB SD that I got from amazon. I reported the vendor and got my refund after I ran H2testw and confirmed defective card. Inspection of back of the black micro sd showed a 32gb card made in Taiwan (not one with a white border from Korea) . I was so pissed that it took so damn long to research and uncover what was causing the issue. I feel bad for all the people that got scammed because if they never recorded any more than 30gb, they'd never know. I just bought a new one from my local micro center and we'll see how things go. I should have enough files by tomorrow morn and will post an update.