Brand new CAM issues

sadarahu

Received A129-duo from amazon today. I really wanted to like this DASHCAM but from the beginning have some issues (might have to return it,...perhaps some one can help). I'm 35yrs IT guy so know how to do most things (if they work)

- trying to update firmware
Procedure described on the website did not work.
Once I copied .bin file to the card and reboot it, it just came back to the video screen linke there was no change (brand new Sandisk 128Gb)

- when connected CAM to phone WiFi, I notice then when I truned it ON the screen started freezing after 2-3 sec.

- when I disconnected my phone , now the CAM (when I turn it ON shows the video for a moment then the WiFi logo appears and the the screeen feezes), no access to anything (even to menu).

- another wired thing is that (by default) WiFi SYSID and Password shows up on the screen (that would be total security flaw), but I'm hoping something is setup wrong etc and this will not be visible.

- some of the features from the CAM menu are not available on the phone App (i.e PIP), which is wired because it is important feature to be able to setup (at least ON/OFF).

Any help appreciated.

ARTHUR

PS>
I going to re-format SD and try firmware update again and will post here if it helps

sadarahu

Attempted another firmware update and OK, It seems to work now.
I'm planning for external battery - what is average current needed for power ?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
For 128GB card, please format it first as FAT32.
While the Wi-Fi enabled, it will only accept the control from APP, buttons will not work.
For a camera with screen, Wi-Fi is useful for remote control and download APP, no necessary to keep it on always.
The PIP settings in the app called live vide source.
You can change the SSID and Password in the app.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Attempted another firmware update and OK, It seems to work now.
I'm planning for external battery - what is average current needed for power ?
5V 1A input is OK, some power bank output 5V 2A also OK.

sadarahu

Just found another concern and that is a big one. I was not aware this camera does not do buffered recording (in parking mode). For me this is very important feature so probably would have to return it. For me long term parking and security is more important than driving incidents.
Startin recording on colision or incident is to late. Using motion sensor would eat up my card space to fast, time laps pictures are OK but not sure how much time I can record on a 128Gb card (ie. with 2FPS) (?)
Any solutions to taht ?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
As I know, currently only Blackvue and Thinkware support buffered parking mode, but it cost more than A129.

BTW, buffered parking mode will be supported in future firmware update on A129 in April, some users have tested the beta version yet. But we still need take some time for final release this feature.