A129 Hard wire Kit, no record after Start

ralph62

Hi,

I have change the 2 wire Kit with the original 3 Wire Kit from Viofo. With a Fluke I have check out ACC, all cables connected, Cam works fine.

But....

When I stop the Car, Power off and come back after a few minutes and start the Car again, the record LED blink, no record (same when I check with Smartphone), I press record Button, nothing change. I can press everywhere, without that change anything.

I put out the Cable, wait until LED off, connect Power cable, all was finde, direct recording.

Mostly I see that after Night and when I start the Car in the Morning.

Whats wrong?

Thx

Capture Your Action

Are you running power directly to the camera and not through the mount? Make sure your running firmware V1.5.

ralph62

I have install the

• red cable to permanent 12V
  • yellow cable ACC, if Key Ignition on, I have here 12V
  • black Ground
The USB Connector from the Hard wire kit goes direct into Cam.

I use the actual FW

Capture Your Action

Firmware V1.5?

Try tapping into a different fuse for the battery (red) wire.

What memory card are you using?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Which parking mode option do you use, also we suggest disable Wi-Fi in parking mode.

ralph62

FW 1.5
The red cable get power from the FUSE for the Horn, this Fuse has allways 12V
Sandisk 128GB

Parking Mode: Autoevent Mode

The Cam was behind my Mirror, hard to configure with buttons and switch off (or on) WIFI or see LED blink.

One suggestion, about I dont see the LED lights, when Car would bee started macke 1 Beep, signal all fine, cam now recording or 3 Beeps, something wrong, no recording.

Sie attached Files

Attachments

ralph62

No, not until now. Start /Stop then no record. Thats it. I must allways disconnect Power.

ralph62

Nice, why we bought a 3 cable Hardwire Kit? especially for Parking Mode?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Do you connect the hardwire kit with camera side usb port not the USB port on the GPS mount?
The ACC parking mode only works while connecting the cable with camera side USB port.

Frank McLeod

I have install the

• red cable to permanent 12V
  • yellow cable ACC, if Key Ignition on, I have here 12V
  • black Ground
The USB Connector from the Hard wire kit goes direct into Cam.

I use the actual FW
Is this the correct way to wire the 3-cable harness? I thought the ACC cable had to be permanently powered. This confuses me as my camera - A129 - won't auto start after some hours out of action even with power from the ACC to it. After a trip and a short stop it will auto start. But, it won't time synch with my iPhone or retain the time set. I have a ticket started.

Frank

Frank McLeod

Is this the correct way to wire the 3-cable harness? I thought the ACC cable had to be permanently powered. This confuses me as my camera - A129 - won't auto start after some hours out of action even with power from the ACC to it. After a trip and a short stop it will auto start. But, it won't time synch with my iPhone or retain the time set. I have a ticket started.

Frank
DOH! I think I got that all wrong to start with. Have just swapped the fuse taps so that Acc and Battery are reversed. At least the camera turned on so the proof of the pudding will be that it all works tomorrow when I will be driving 200Kms.
Will probably need to synch the time though.

Frank