A129 Duo WILL NOT TURN ON WHEN I START MY TRUCK

briany

Title says it all, I had my A129 Duo professionally installed and when i picked it up when i turned on the engine it turned on and when i turned off the engine it turned off after a time delay. I did turn on the wifi and connect my iPhone but have now turned off the wifi and now it does not turn on when i start the engine but if i press the start button on it comes and works fine and when i turn the engine off it turns off after a time delay. Any ideas?,

Capture Your Action

Try setting the boot delay in the menu to 10 seconds.
Also, how long of a delay until the camera shuts off from when you turned the engine off?

Capture Your Action

boot delay?, The camera shuts off 1:30 min after i turn off the engine.
Yes. In the cameras settings is an option called boot delay. Set it to 10 seconds and see if it helps.
If the camera does not shut down within 10 seconds after the car shuts off, then the fuse you have it connected to still has power for that 1 minute 30 seconds. Are you using the Viofo 3-wire hardwire? Are you using parking mode?

briany

So yesterday when i used the truck it worked fine turning on when i started and turning off still with the 1;30 delay, Today when i went out to use it it did not turn on the first time i had to press the start button after that it turned on and turned off every time i turned the engine on and off still with the delay when turned off, I then went in to settings and set boot delay to 5 seconds and no difference, Parking mode is off as i am not using it. I bought the Viofo 3 wire hardwire kit and gave it all to the professional installers to use and they used it.

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

How are you powering the camera? Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit? 12V cigarette port? Are you using only Viofo components?

benkar

How are you powering the camera? Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit? 12V cigarette port? Are you using only Viofo components?
After all, he says he uses 3 wire hardwire kit mounted professionals. Perhaps the pros have made some installation errors somewhere. I think somewhere there will be an error in the installation. If the camera turns off after 1:30 min, the hardwire kit is not working properly and it is as if it was connected via a USB socket.

Capture Your Action

After all, he says he uses 3 wire hardwire kit mounted professionals. Perhaps the pros have made some installation errors somewhere. I think somewhere there will be an error in the installation. If the camera turns off after 1:30 min, the hardwire kit is not working properly and it is as if it was connected via a USB socket.
He never states he’s using the 3-wire kit. Could be he hired the installation of the DUO because of the rear camera and cable.

benkar

He never states he’s using the 3-wire kit. Could be he hired the installation of the DUO because of the rear camera and cable.
Oh, sorry. My English is very bad. I thought it was written in this sentence: "I bought the Viofo 3 wire hardware kit and gave it all to the professional installers and they used it".

Capture Your Action

Oh, sorry. My English is very bad. I thought it was written in this sentence: "I bought the Viofo 3 wire hardware kit and gave it all to the professional installers and they used it".
Sorry, you are correct. Not sure how I missed that part of his post. I see his post was edited, so maybe he added it after my reply to that post. Weird.

Capture Your Action

Since your using the 3-wire kit, I would try tapping into a different fuse for your red battery wire. If your camera remains powered for 1:30 minutes after you shut off your truck, then the fuse your yellow ACC wire is tapped into must remain live for 1:30 seconds after you shut off the enigine. I assume you are plugging the power cable into the camera and not through the mount? Your camera is running firmware V1.5?

briany

Since your using the 3-wire kit, I would try tapping into a different fuse for your red battery wire. If your camera remains powered for 1:30 minutes after you shut off your truck, then the fuse your yellow ACC wire is tapped into must remain live for 1:30 seconds after you shut off the enigine. I assume you are plugging the power cable into the camera and not through the mount? Your camera is running firmware V1.5?
It is hard wired so the power cable is in to the windshield mount, Yes it is firmware V1.5,

BCHobbyist

Website
viofo-dash-cam-selection-advice.blogspot.com
Title says it all, I had my A129 Duo professionally installed and when i picked it up when i turned on the engine it turned on and when i turned off the engine it turned off after a time delay. I did turn on the wifi and connect my iPhone but have now turned off the wifi and now it does not turn on when i start the engine but if i press the start button on it comes and works fine and when i turn the engine off it turns off after a time delay. Any ideas?,
Very common issue when powering A129 using new 3-wire Hardwire Kit and not obvious to solve. The manufacturer didn't design the mount to work with Hardwire Kit so must instead connect power cable to side miniUSB port marked as "power" on A129 itself. It looks worse but now Parking Mode and normal functionality will resume. Similar issues can occur when Tapping incorrect Fuse circuit which doesn't supply constant power or does but not wanted.

briany

Just an update, It seems i only have to turn the camera on manually first thing in the morning and after that it turns on and off automatically. Everything else seems to be working fine.

davidb

Needs to be plugged into the camera body for the 3-wire kit to work properly.
I have similar problem - hardwired using 3 wire kit. Power WAS going into GPS mount, I moved it to camera directly. Camera does NOT power on first thing in the morning, have to use button to start. Other starts during the day (ie, < 3 or 4 hours) it'll start by itself. Camera DOES power down within seconds (ie, capacitor discharge) after car is turned off.

Will try the startup delay of 5 seconds. If that doesn't work, guess my only option is to try a different accessory power source?

Capture Your Action

I have similar problem - hardwired using 3 wire kit. Power WAS going into GPS mount, I moved it to camera directly. Camera does NOT power on first thing in the morning, have to use button to start. Other starts during the day (ie, < 3 or 4 hours) it'll start by itself. Camera DOES power down within seconds (ie, capacitor discharge) after car is turned off.

Will try the startup delay of 5 seconds. If that doesn't work, guess my only option is to try a different accessory power source?
Are you using parking mode? Is the camera entering parking mode when the car shuts off or is the camera shutting off? Are you running V1.5?
If you are using parking mode, do you think the 3-wire kit is shutting down the camera overnight due to it reaching the voltage cutoff point?
If this is the case, I would try another BATT fuse to tap. Try a few different ones to see if any others make a difference. If that doesn’t help, then try some different ACC fuses. I would try them one at a time so you know which makes the difference.

davidb

Are you using parking mode? Is the camera entering parking mode when the car shuts off or is the camera shutting off? Are you running V1.5?
If you are using parking mode, do you think the 3-wire kit is shutting down the camera overnight due to it reaching the voltage cutoff point?
If this is the case, I would try another BATT fuse to tap. Try a few different ones to see if any others make a difference. If that doesn’t help, then try some different ACC fuses. I would try them one at a time so you know which makes the difference.
Parking mode is off - camera only has power when car is running (accessory power). I am running v1.5. Camera shuts off when car is turned off.

Will try the startup delay, then moving camera to different accessory fuse.

Capture Your Action

Parking mode is off - camera only has power when car is running (accessory power). I am running v1.5. Camera shuts off when car is turned off.

Will try the startup delay, then moving camera to different accessory fuse.
I assume you still have the red BATT wire connected to an always on power source (fuse)?