3 Wire Kit Turns Off After 1 minute

jalopez08

I hardwired my a129 duo in my vehicle correctly. The yellow wire is hooked up to ACC and the red wire is hooked up to a constant 24/7 power supply. When I turn my car off I can see that the a129 goes into parking mode because it shows a white stick figure on the screen. After about one minute, the red lights in the power tracker on the 3 wire kit turns off indicating that the 3 wire kit is not receiving power which in turn stops giving constant power to the a129. I checked the fuse that is giving constant power while the 3 wire kit is installed and the red lights are off and there is still constant power. I am not sure why after one minute after I turn my car off this happens. Are there any suggestions with what I should do so that the power tracker on the 3 wire kit remains on to give the a129 a constant source of power so that parking mode works correctly?

Capture Your Action

The red light inside the converter box also indicates whether is supplying power to the camera, not just whether the kit itself is receiving power. If there is still power at the fuse (and you’ve tested the fuse after the light goes out), then you probably need a lower voltage cutoff setting.

jalopez08

I put the converter box cut off at the lowest cutoff setting (switch is all the way to the left) so I may be sol. I tried using 5a, 15a, and 20a fuses but same thing keeps happening. All the fuses I have used are constant power too.

Capture Your Action

I would check the fuse slots with a multi meter after the light goes out to measure what the voltage is. If it’s still reading 12V or more (and your on the 11.8V setting), then maybe you have a bad hardwire kit.

Dec

I hardwired my a129 duo in my vehicle correctly. The yellow wire is hooked up to ACC and the red wire is hooked up to a constant 24/7 power supply. When I turn my car off I can see that the a129 goes into parking mode because it shows a white stick figure on the screen. After about one minute, the red lights in the power tracker on the 3 wire kit turns off indicating that the 3 wire kit is not receiving power which in turn stops giving constant power to the a129. I checked the fuse that is giving constant power while the 3 wire kit is installed and the red lights are off and there is still constant power. I am not sure why after one minute after I turn my car off this happens. Are there any suggestions with what I should do so that the power tracker on the 3 wire kit remains on to give the a129 a constant source of power so that parking mode works correctly?
I would get another hardwire kit as yours looks faulty.
I had same problem with my kit 1 day would record constant then another day only an hour.
Got new kit now records 24/7 with hardwire kit set at 12.8 volts

Capture Your Action

I would get another hardwire kit as yours looks faulty.
I had same problem with my kit 1 day would record constant then another day only an hour.
Got new kit now records 24/7 with hardwire kit set at 12.8 volts
You mean 12.4V?